I used to dedicate one day a week to cyberpunk news, but these days the deluge of titles has calmed down a bit. While the quantity has dropped, perhaps the quality has improved, as Divination has got me excited.
From the ever-prolific Eastasiasoft (do check out their latest Seven Pirates H – it’s brill), this cyberpunk graphic novel has you trapped inside a room of screens that can predict the future. Think Minority Report without the baldies.
You play as the Diviner – a fortune teller that uses technology to forecast their clients’ future. In Divination, you use runes to inform your clients of their fate – which could mean death. It is just humans you’re dealing with, but robots too.
Here are the key features:
- Immerse yourself in a cyberpunk setting illustrated in dark graphic novel style!
- Meet a variety of clients seeking answers, some human and some robotic.
- Arrange runes in a variety of ways to make your predictions.
- Engage in meaningful dialogue that presents real-world issues through a sci-fi lens.
- Decide the fate of each character and the populace via interwoven cause-and-effect!
- Witness your impact on the world through TV screens and news reports.
And a trailer:
Seven Pirates H has been my go-to game on the Switch of late, but now that adventure is over, I’ll be looking to mess with the futures of NPCs in Divination. Look out for a review around the release date, the 18th of May, for PS4/5, Switch and the Xboxeseses – priced at US $4.99/€4.99 respectively.
Similar titles to recommend? Synergia? Silicon Dreams?
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission.